Preparation for Primary School
This is the Preparation for Primary School year for a Smooth Transition
In our Preparation for Primary School Development class, children are given time to practise refining skills which will ensure they are ready to start Primary School. They begin to focus intensively on social and emotional skills, as well as cognitive development. This ensures they will be competent and well-rounded learners in the classroom.
Our Prep program includes the usual preschool program but has a greater emphasis on:
- Self Esteem Activities ~ giving children confidence in a variety of scenarios that may occur at school.
- Problem Solving Activities ~ independence in solving daily problems that may arise.
- Reading Skills ~ sequencing events, visual discrimination games, matching letters.
- Maths Skills ~ sorting, predicting, classifying, grouping, concepts of size, weight, height, order, time etc.
- Writing ~ developing hand muscle control and strength through manipulation type activities, direction and print orientation.
We Work Closely with the Local Primary Schools in Lismore & Goonellabah
Portfolios are used to record all completed work and for children to take on to their Primary School. We provide a parent information night to ensure you have all the information necessary to assist your child in this preparation. The Pre School teachers work closely with many of the local Primary Schools to ensure all the children’s needs are met for a smooth transition from Prep to School.
We’re available from early morning and into the evening
Our child care for all ages is available from 6.30 a.m. – 6.30 p.m. Monday to Friday, except gazetted public holidays. This is to allow for working parents who need to start early to bring their child in order to start work on time. Breakfast is provided before 7.30am. Also, if your work commitments require you to have later care, a late afternoon snack is provided as well as all other meals. There’s no extra charge for these meals. The centre operates 52 weeks a year.
If you’d like more information about our Preparation for Primary School Development program, please contact us today